Sunday 4 November 2012

Lush - Cosmetic Lad facial moisturiser.




Just a little background about my skin before I get into the review, I have suffered with break outs ever since I hit puberty, I have had serious acne that I now kept at bay through medication (Ill save that story for another time), but I still get a few spots every now and then, especially during that time of the month. My skin tends to get irritated very easy and spots can turn to scabs pretty fast (gross I know). I never really know what sort of moisturiser I need for my skin type, I feel like I have oily but dehydrated skin, so it’s hard to find a moisturiser that can help with both. 


I went into Lush, not really looking for a moisturiser and got talking to one of the lovely sales assistance that work their, we got on the topic of my skin type and all that jazz when she mentioned to me that Cosmetic Lad is just what I needed. I have always over looked this moisturiser as the name to me implies its for men, the sales assistant assured me the only reason its aimed at men is because its excellent at healing and calming the skin, which is what men need if they shave their face. But women can also use it and it works just as well.


This moisturiser contains lavender, honey, aloe vera gel and chamomile, which are all amazing at soothing irritation as well as having good healing properties. So this really helps to calm down any redness in spots, its also great for the healing stage when your spots are starting to dry out or if you have picked them and caused  irritation (this isn't a nice subject I know). Cosmetic Lad leaves a fairly matte finish to the skin, so its perfect to apply under make up to help keep oily skin at bay. Its also designed to help sunburn or chapped skin that can be caused by cold weather, so its is ideal for this time of the year when the weather is starting to get really cold.  

I love this moisturiser, it leaves my skin feeling so soft, it helps to reduce any redness I have and also really hydrates my skin in a very gentle but effective way. It costs £11.50 for 45gs so It wont break the bank, and it last me for quite a while, so great value for money and such an effective product. I highly, highly recommend this to anyone and everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment